“Copywriting, especially sales copy, is one of the only things you can’t DIY your way out of. Do yourself a favor and hire a pro, my recommendation is Jen Havice of Make Mention.”
You’ll be getting way more than simply words on the page
Step #1: Research
Before any piece of copy gets written, I dig into the qualitative research.
Why? Because throwing the copy on the page without knowing what your customers think, feel, and care about is a recipe for poor results.
So I’ll do things like on-site surveys, interviews, and mining for messages online to make sure we know how to approach each segment of your target audience.
Step #2: Copy + Optimization
Once I know what makes your customers tick, it’s all about putting together copy that resonates and a page that inspires action.
Every project includes:
- Balsamiq mock ups and/or layout details for your designer
- 1 set of revisions
- Final draft to be implemented into your campaign
Step #3: Test
If you’ve got enough traffic and conversions, let’s talk about A/B testing. I work with two other trusted CRO pros who can make sure your Google Analytics is in tip top shape, integrate it with your testing software, come up with hypotheses, and variations to test.
Most copywriters start with the words. I start with the customer.
Knowing what makes your customers tick – their concerns, hesitations, triggers – gives your copy and the way it’s laid out on the page a waaay better chance of success.
So before any new copy hits the page or layout changes are suggested I dig for insights and develop a strategy…
…to get you on the right path.
That’s why I’ve developed a process of customer profiling specific to bringing the best results to creating copy that sticks.
A few more things you might like to know…
- When you hire me, you’re not just getting a copywriter but a marketing strategist. That means I’ll work with you to tackle your entire sales or lead generation funnel.
- My focus and specialty are customer research and persona development based on people’s motivations and behaviors. I incorporate conversion rate optimization, lean customer development, and Jobs To Be Done concepts into one power packed approach that’s all my own.
- Writing persuasive copy for website pages, landing pages, and the occasional email campaigns are my jam. If you’re looking for someone to handle blog posts or whitepapers, I’ll happily refer you to another copywriter.
Interested in talking to me about your project?
Take a minute to answer a few questions to find out the best way for us to work together.
What clients have to say about working with me
“After a one-hour Skype call with Jen, I picked up more actionable and contextual advice for my business than in a year of reading books, articles and attending expensive marketing conferences.”